Multiple xfdesktops running, and very slow startup

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Jan 17 09:02:13 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:21:21PM +0000, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> On 1/15/10, Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> >  One thing that does look a bit odd is that there are three copies of
> >  xfdesktop running, surely not right.
> >
> The behaviour might related to this bug [1]. There are other ways to
> work around, but I just disabled "Save session" in Xfce, meaning that
> upon every Xfce log-in I get a clean session.

I have the same issue on my openSUSE 11.2 and this most likely due to a
crontab that changes the wallpaper.

Well, the problem is that it does not really change the wallpaper. It
restarts the xfdesktop.

That is annoying on several levvels.
1) When I just did a right click to see the menu, that is gone
2) in about 20% of the times, it does not start up correctly and I have
not found a way to start it up from crontab, so I have to launch it up
manually.

A working wallpaper changer would be a good solution to this.

houghi
--

You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building.
Around you is a forest.  A small stream flows out of the building and