Multiple xfdesktops running, and very slow startup

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si
Fri Jan 15 16:13:36 CET 2010

Liviu Andronic wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
>> I already have "Save session" disabled.  I don't get a 'clean' session

My top showed lots of xfdesktop processes and solved it by removing
.cache and .local from $HOME and it helped. Xfce defaults were restored
upon login. And I don not use session saving anymore. Login takes 2 sec now.

Regards,
Hinko

> Try also disabling "Restore session" on Xfce log-in.
> Liviu

Hinko Kocevar
Technical support software engineer
Instrumentation Technologies
Velika pot 22, SI-5250 Solkan - Slovenia
T:+386 5 3352600, F:+386 5 3352601
mailto: hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si

http://www.i-tech.si - When your users demand stability

The information transmitted is intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, retention,
disclosure or other use by persons other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please notify the sender and
delete all copies.