Resize problem with Open Office in xfce

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Thu Feb 4 16:35:49 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 05:32:28PM +0200, Juha wrote:
> Chris G kirjoitti:

> >>Works also fine in my 9.10 Ubuntu (with self compiled Xfce 4.6)
> >>
> >What exact version of Open Office are you running?  Mine (on both
> >systems where I see the bug) is:-
> >
> >    Open Office 3.1.1
> >    OOO310m19 (Build 9420)
> >
> >... and you are sure you haven't got the bug?  You bring up an Open
> >Office window (e.g. word processor) that's not full screen and when
> >you resize it the contents don't change in size.  So if, for example,
> >you reduce the window size from the top the toolbars disappear.
> >
> >I had it once before and, if I remember right, upgrading something
> >fixed it but sadly I can't quite remember the details. As it's
> >happening on two systems with different graphics processors it seems
> >unlikely to be a low level graphics problem.  Also, as it's only Open
> >Office I guess it's likely to be an Open Office issue, or some library
> >they're using that no one else it using.
> >
> I have Open Office 3.1.1
> 000310m19 (Build:9420)
>
> And I can't get toolbars diasppear.  Well, when I resize it to very
> small they do not fit in
> anymore and vanish, but they come back when I make the window
> bigger.  At least in
> my opinion it works as I expect it to work.

I think you're probably right!  :-)

I have asked about the problem in the xubuntu list too.

It's so obvious and *very* broken I can't understand why so few people
are seeing it.  As I said I have it on two systems with very different
hardware.  Maybe no one uses resizable Open Office windows.

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

--
Chris Green