Where are the mouse button actions defined?

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Sun Aug 22 22:35:43 CEST 2010

On 08/22/2010 06:15 PM, Chris G wrote:
> *Surely* somewhere in the guts of X in a configuration file somewhere
> there must be something that actually maps button numbers to 'Left',
> 'Right' and 'Middle'

My guess is that "left" is simply an alias for "button 1", "right" for
"button 2" and middle "for button 3".

> and also something that maps actions (like select
> text) to button actions like double-click.

That's the toolkit, gtk, if the app doesn't do something fancy.

As always with questions that have pretty much nothing to do with Xfce,
you probably would get better answers somewhere else :-). Here I believe
mentioning what you would like to achieve could help you get better answers.

~David