connman plugin needed(Was: XFCE-counterpart of KDE-Networkmanager)

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Fri Aug 6 06:32:37 CEST 2010

On jeu., 2010-08-05 at 21:23 -0700, Auke Kok wrote:
> I can pretty much guarantee that a frontend to connmand will be easier
> to write than any other frontend... the connman API's won't need extra
> dependencies other than glib2/dbus, provide all the networking logic (it
> even sets up /etc/hosts.conf and acts as a DNS proxy)

Please tell me it doesn't do that by default? :)

> , so the UI (look
> at Moblin2/MeeGo) can be extremely small. You could probably prototype a
> wireframe in 10 minutes...

I guess it's easier said than done. But I'm not a developer, mainly a
packager, I'm just saying that there are a lot of stuff which could be
done at the moment in Xfce (starting by releasing 4.8 and bug fixing)
and that even with all the good will people show, we see manpower
issues.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis