nm-applet: Debugging UMTS-G3-connection

Al Bogner xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Fri Aug 6 00:12:04 CEST 2010

First I want to thank this list for your valuable help. Because of you,
the change from KDE is a lot easier. Now I have a problem, which is not
very much XFCE related, but after the last discussions here, I think
you could have the answer.

I got nm-applet work for ethernet and wlan, but umts-3g I cannot work
after trying for hours. Maybe it is a problem with the umts-modem
itself, but I read in the net, that it should work. So I would like to
check step-by-step what is wrong.

lsusb | grep -v "root hub" | sort
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 19d2:0117 ONDA Communication S.p.A.
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04f2:b147 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0a5c:2151 Broadcom Corp.

Thanks a lot

Al