thunar file associations

Miek Gieben miek at miek.nl
Mon Oct 26 11:51:19 CET 2009

Hello,

I have the following problem.  (This is with Thunar 0.9.3 on openSUSE)

How can I configure system-wide file associations with Thunar? Right
now *.pdf files are openened with Gimp and I want to change this to
evince. (This is for more than 150+ people, so right-click-change will
not do).

I read that some of these settings are stored in
~/.cache/Thunar/metafile.tdb. Compiling tdbtool myself and checking
the file seems to show it is empty - even if I change the file
associations. (tdbtool also segfaults shortly there after).

But where are the defaults (hopefully system-wide) stored, as I rather
change those?

Many thanks,

Regards,
Miek Gieben