4.8?

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina at gulfsat.mg
Thu Oct 15 07:05:48 CEST 2009

10/15/2009 12:43 AM, Dexter Filmore:
> Ever since I migrated to debian and debian-like systems I wanted to learn how
> to make debs myself, but everyone I ask keeps huring the debian package
> maintainer guide at me which obliterates me with badly structured torrents of
> info and is generally overblown for my needs as my goal is not to release
> packages to a public mirror.

I think the packaging tools are (one of) the strength of Debian like ditros.
I think the same about Gentoo.

For easy packaging, I would suggest Slackware or Fedora.

> Pointers like "how to quickly create debs and skip the most common tripwires"
> are welcome.

I dont see one suitable to your needs, sorry.
But I would suggest talking about it on the debian-mentors list:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/

Things migth evolve when some have talk...

                                    +261 34 29 155 34