4.8?

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Wed Oct 14 23:43:01 CEST 2009

Am Montag, 12. Oktober 2009 20:04:47 schrieb Yves-Alexis Perez:
> On lun, 2009-10-12 at 18:37 +0200, Dexter Filmore wrote:
> > snip
> >
> > > shortly after these two components have been released. So if you're
> >
> > ok
> >
> > > with compiling parts of Xfce on your own, you won't have to wait
> >
> > until
> >
> > > next April.
> >
> > It's not the compiling, it's the fumbling the results into a deb
> > package ;)
> > Ah, back then on Slackware...
>
> You should still be able to use the actual debian/ folder for current
> packages as a start point.

Ever since I migrated to debian and debian-like systems I wanted to learn how
to make debs myself, but everyone I ask keeps huring the debian package
maintainer guide at me which obliterates me with badly structured torrents of
info and is generally overblown for my needs as my goal is not to release
packages to a public mirror.
Pointers like "how to quickly create debs and skip the most common tripwires"
are welcome.