ANNOUNCE: xfce4-power-manager 0.8.4 released

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Sun Oct 11 18:24:58 CEST 2009

Robby Workman wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 07:21:20 +0000 (UTC)
> Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org> wrote:
>

>> xfce4-power-manager 0.8.4 is now available...
>>   <snippage>
>> Release notes for 0.8.4
>> =======================
>>
>> - Don't lock screen on lid event when multiple monitor are connected.
>> - Force DPMSModeOff on lid close event if it is not done in Hardware.
>> - Fix a crash in set_client_id (bug #5673).
>> - Reduce memory usage.
>>

> Someone in #xfce on IRC (I forgot who) reported that the systray
> icon no longer showed up in 0.8.4, and now that I've finally
> found time to upgrade here, I can duplicate it.  Fulld debug info
> doesn't appear to have anything useful, but here it is just in case:

What was the previous version used? there is no change regarding this in
0.8.4.

> Oddly enough, killing xfpm and restarting it results in the same
> problem.  Perhaps related to this commit?
>
> commit 73f412645e0d67ad9039f7572892f844dbb9a915
> Author: Ali Abdallah <ali at ali-xfce.org>
> Date:   Mon Aug 31 10:08:09 2009 +0000
>
>     Put the icon prefix in one place+get rid of a useless icon load function

The icon load function is replaced with xfce_themed_icon_load, the icon
prefix shouldn't be a problem, well if it is, it should show up in all
the installation since including my system.

If you are still having this problem, please file a bug report.

> -RW

Thanks,
Ali.