xfdesktop woes

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si
Mon Nov 9 14:09:01 CET 2009

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> 2009/11/9 Hinko Kocevar <hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si>:
>> Mike Massonnet wrote:
>>> I had recommened to do the following:
>>> $ mv ~/.cache/session ~/.cache/sessions.bak
>>> while you are logged out. This will get you started with a clean session.
>> ~/.cache/session does not exist on my system. There is ~/.cache/sessions
>> though. Anyways I do not have any saved session applications that were
>> started in order to affect the login - every now and then few terminals
>> are started but that is all.
>
> Ah right, it's the one I had in mind. Did you try to delete/move it
> (while logged out)? It could contain bad entries after all.

Yes. I have the practice of removing .config and .cache folder
completely when upgrading Xfce as I did this time. In the past I
experienced some weird issues after upgrades and removing old settings
mostly helped..

Should I mention that I have external monitor attached to my notebook
(the machine I'm talking about the whole time)? I don't see any major
difference when logging in with or without the external monitor, but
nevertheless..

Best regards,
Hinko

--
Hinko Kocevar
Technical support software engineer
mailto: hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si

http://www.i-tech.si - When your users demand stability

The information transmitted is intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, retention,
disclosure or other use by persons other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please notify the sender and
delete all copies.