xfdesktop woes

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si
Mon Nov 9 13:41:44 CET 2009

Vincent wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Regarding the mail subject, it doesn't identify what the problem is,
>> it just lets me think that xfdesktop is doing completely wrong... just
>> my opinion, but you could choose for better subjects.
>

> Could it be that "woes" is offensive? I did not interpret it as particularly
> offensive (i.e. I read it just as "problems with xfdesktop", and considering

I've opted for 'trouble' if looking at the dictionary. It was meant
solely in regard to previous versions where the problems did not occur.

> how multiple problems were mentioned I don't think the subject line left way
> for being more specific), but since English is not my native language, might
> it be that "woes" is not a great way of formulating it? (Also, I'm not sure
> whether I should've changed the subject line here already...)

English is not mine first language either.. So someone could interpret
'woe' as more aggressive: i.e. exclamation of grief, distress, or
lamentation (from the dictionary, where 'trouble' is also a description
of woe).

This tells me to be more careful when choosing wording on this mailing
list, especially for e-mail subjects.

Best regards,
Hinko

> Regards,

Hinko Kocevar
Technical support software engineer
Instrumentation Technologies
Velika pot 22, SI-5250 Solkan - Slovenia
T:+386 5 3352600, F:+386 5 3352601
mailto: hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si

http://www.i-tech.si - When your users demand stability

The information transmitted is intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, retention,
disclosure or other use by persons other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please notify the sender and
delete all copies.