ANN: midori version 0.1.5 released

eriefisher eriefisher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 01:03:31 CET 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:57:45 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:19:59 -0400, eriefisher wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:25:13 +0000 (UTC)
> >christian at twotoasts.de wrote:
> >
> >> Heya,
> >>
> >> this version of Midori has a focus on optimizations below the hood.
> >> The most important point here is that from now on, you need at
> >> least WebKitGTK+ 1.1.1, Glib 2.10 and libsoup 2.25.2. Lots of
> >> tricks to maintain compatibility were dropped. Supporting ancient
> >> versions of WebKit became increasingly hard, and various
> >> optimizations are in place already. The internal source view was
> >> also dropped, and the default text editor is used, or whatever you
> >> chose in the preferences. As for a really exciting feature,
> >> downloading of files works if you have WebKitGTK+ 1.1.3, including
> >> a sidepanel and progress bars inside the statusbar. As a goodie I
> >> added an extension called Colourful Tabs, which took me less than
> >> two hours to write and is quite nice for that.
> >>
> > [snip]
> >
> >I can't get this version to install. I have tracked down most missing
> >depends but I can't find rst2html, rst2html.py.
>
> rst2html[.py] is only used to create the HTML variant of the user
> documentation which can also be read as plain text, see
> docs/user/midori.txt.
> Midori should build fine also without this tool if you do *not*
> explicitly specify --enable-userdocs.
>

> >It seems with every new release I need to find something from
> >somewhere.
>
> The use of reStructuredText (ReST) is not new in Midori 0.1.5, it
> already existed in earlier versions.
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

I am not passing anything extra to ./waf configure and it shows fail on
the two rst2html packages. I have version 0.1.3 installed and working
well. When I installed it I needed to install a couple of dev packages
for it to build, I forget which ones exactly. The version previous
installed without issue.