ANN: midori version 0.1.5 released

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Thu Mar 26 19:53:59 CET 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:03:31 -0400, eriefisher wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:57:45 +0100
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:19:59 -0400, eriefisher wrote:

>> > [snip]
>> >
>> >I can't get this version to install. I have tracked down most
>> >missing depends but I can't find rst2html, rst2html.py.
>>
>> rst2html[.py] is only used to create the HTML variant of the user
>> documentation which can also be read as plain text, see
>> docs/user/midori.txt.
>> Midori should build fine also without this tool if you do *not*
>> explicitly specify --enable-userdocs.
>>

>> >It seems with every new release I need to find something from
>> >somewhere.
>>
>> The use of reStructuredText (ReST) is not new in Midori 0.1.5, it
>> already existed in earlier versions.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Enrico
>>
>I am not passing anything extra to ./waf configure and it shows fail on
>the two rst2html packages. I have version 0.1.3 installed and working

I just tested it again and here it doesn't fail. It just reports that
rst2html is not found but configure continues, simply creating the HTML
variant of the docs is disabled.
But this is nothing critical.

What I missed to mention earlier, the rst2html[.py] tool is probably in
a package called python-docutils or just docutils or something similar.
Depends on the distribution you are using but you didn't mention which
it is.

>well. When I installed it I needed to install a couple of dev packages
>for it to build, I forget which ones exactly. The version previous
>installed without issue.

This is something different. First, you just talked about rst2html
[.py]. And as long as you won't say which packages are/were missing,
I'm afraid nobody can help you.

Regards,
Enrico