mailwatch plugin "error LED" suggestion

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:54:47 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>> Are other people's IMAP servers so reliable that they want to
>> be notified of a single connect/login failure?

I also use the plugin via IMAP, and it also pops up occasional errors.

> Yeah, definitely good suggestions.  Unfortunately there isn't a good way of
> doing this... the logging system in the plugin doesn't maintain any metadata
> about the error messages, so they just happen, they get converted to an icon
> and string, and then the original reasons for the error get forgotten.

Isn't it possible to use the time info attached to the error messages?
Instead "pop-up red LED after 3 consecutive error messages" the
setting could be "pop-up red LED after 5 min of consecutive error
messages".
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?