no automount; hybernate

Joost Kremers joostkremers at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 16 02:00:07 CET 2009

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:00 -0500, "Robby Workman" <rw at rlworkman.net>
wrote:
> We're a bit behind on the HAL package update needed for all of this to
> play together nicely in -current, but since you're on 12.2, it wouldn't
> matter anyway.  I really should update my site with a reference to what
> I'm about to write... :-)
>
> Place the contents of this file:
>   http://slackware.com/~rworkman/hal.conf.txt
> in /etc/dbus-1/system.d/hal.conf and make sure your user account is in
> the "power" group.

well, the eeepc does indeed go into suspend now, but when i try to wake
the machine up, the power and wlan led switch on again, but the screen
stays black. ctrl-alt-f1 followed by alt-f7 does not solve it... :-(

> For thunar-volman, make sure you have to 0.3.80 version installed from
> my repo (as opposed to the older 0.2 or whatever version for
> xfce-4.4.x), and then be sure your user is in the "plugdev" group.

i have thunar-volman 0.3.80 on my eeepc, and my user is in the plugdev
group...

i should perhaps also mention that when i plug in a device, no icon for
it appears on the desktop, even though the checkbox for removable
devices in Settings Desktop | Icons is checked. (sorry i didn't mention
that before... i suspect it is relevant, but i didn't realise that until
now...)

joost

--
Life has its moments