keyboard window shortcut problems

Zach Carter z.carter at f5.com
Tue Mar 3 23:29:01 CET 2009

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 14:07:04 Zach Carter wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 March 2009 14:01:06 jalal wrote:
> > 2009/3/3 Zach Carter <z.carter at f5.com>:
> > > On Tuesday 03 March 2009 12:55:18 David Mohr wrote:

> > Settings -> Window Manager -> Keyboard: you can set the shortcut by
> > just double clicking on the setting you want to change and then
> > entering a new shortcut key combination.
>
> That's exactly what I'm doing, but it isn't allowing me to change anything.
> The dialog box only has buttons for "Clear" and "Cancel".  There is no way
> I can see to input the key combination.  What buttons or options do you
> have in yours?
>
> I'm starting to think there is either a bug, or something wrong with the
> way I built and/or installed 4.6, since my user experience is not matching
> what others are seeing.

More info, I was able to modify the default shortcuts by editing this file:

	.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml

Now, 3 of 4 shortcuts work, however the <Control>Right (for
right_workspace_key) shortcut seems to be intercepted by the various
applications I have running.

-Zach