4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Wed Jun 17 22:40:14 CEST 2009

On mer, 2009-06-17 at 20:34 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> > Come on, it's only broken for you. It works for everybody else,
>
> Oh.  Well I guess that explains the other poster who reported
> setting up devilspie to work around the problem and also the
> postings in the forum complaining about it.

I don't follow the forums, sorry. But nobody else complained on the
mailing list. xfwm 4.6 has seen releases since one year, so I ~guess~ it
could have been known before…

> > and you didn't provide any indication on how to reproduce it.
>
> I wasn't aware anybody wanted to try.  So far, I haven't been
> able to find out whether this is the intended behavior or not.
>
> What do you want to know?

Which apps do that. I already told not to care about Terminal and
Thunar, and some apps might have the same behaviour. But definitely the
default behavior, with default config *is* correct. How do you start the
apps and if you use startup notification.

Ho, and ranting on a mailing list (or worse, on a forum) won't lead you
anywhere. If you have the strong feeling there's a bug somewhere, the
correct place is bugzilla.xfce.org.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis