4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:34:59 CEST 2009

On 2009-06-17, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> wrote:
> On mer, 2009-06-17 at 17:01 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>>
>> How did the 4.6 window manager get released while it was still
>> so broken?
>
> Come on, it's only broken for you. It works for everybody else,

Oh.  Well I guess that explains the other poster who reported
setting up devilspie to work around the problem and also the
postings in the forum complaining about it.

> and you didn't provide any indication on how to reproduce it.

I wasn't aware anybody wanted to try.  So far, I haven't been
able to find out whether this is the intended behavior or not.

What do you want to know?

Window manager config:

  [Style]

           Theme: Galaxy
      Title font: Sans Bold 9
 Title alignment: Center
   Button Layout: <greyed-out>

  [Keyboard]

      <default settings>

  [Focus]

           Focus model: Focus follows mouse
    Delay before focus: <slider at about 10%>
      New window focus: <not checked>
        Raise on focus: <not checked>
    Delay before raise: <slider at about 15%>
        Raise on click: <not checked>

  [Advanced]

     Snap windows to border: <checked>
    Snap windows to windows: <not checked>
                   Distance: <slider at 10%>

       Wrap ... screen edge: <not checked>
   Wrap ... drag off screen: <checked>
            Edge resistance: <slider at 10%>

  Hide content ... resizing: <checked>
    Hide content ... moving: <checked>

        Double click action: Maxmimize window

Window manager tweaks:

  [Cycling]

   Skip windows that have skip properties: <checked>
                   Include hidden windows: <checked>
             Cycle through all workspaces: <not checked>
               Draw frame around selected: <checked>

  [Focus]

      Active focus stealing prevention: <not checked>
       Honor standard ICCCM focus hint: <checked>
           When a window raises itself: Do nothing

  [Accessibility]

            Key used to grab and move windows: Alt
            Raise when any mouse button press: <not checked>
                    Hide frame when maximized: <checked>
     Restore orig size of maximized when move: <checked>
      Use edge resistance instead of snapping: <not checked>
                      Notify of urgency/blink: <not checked>
                          Keep urget blinking: <greyed out>

  [Workspaces]

             Use mouse wheel to switch: <checked>
      Remember and recall .. shortcuts: <not checked>
         Wrap depend on desktop layout: <checked>
                  Wrap when first/last: <checked>

  [Placement]

     Minimum size to trigger smart: <slider at 10%>
         By default, place windows: At the center of the screen

  [Compositor]

     Enable display compositing: <not checked>
     <remaining items all greyed>

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Hold the MAYO & pass
                                  at               the COSMIC AWARENESS ...