4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Ingo Arndt scachi at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 20:33:12 CEST 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:44:26 +0200
Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> wrote:

> On mer, 2009-06-17 at 17:01 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> >
> > How did the 4.6 window manager get released while it was still
> > so broken?
>
> Come on, it's only broken for you. It works for everybody else, and you
> didn't provide any indication on how to reproduce it.

On my system (archlinux 64bit,nvidia geforce 8600gt with nvidia 180.51, xfce4.6) only the windows of panda3d applications
spawn below other windows and this only happens when I have another window on a "layer"(stack) above
the terminal window I invoke the panda3d application from.
But I haven't xfce < 4.6 available to test if it is only since xfce 4.6 and I use panda3d since a couple of days.

Maybe this information is of any help.. else just ignore my mail.

Regards,
Ingo