xfdesktop2 or xfdesktop-acer source

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 16 16:57:25 CET 2009

Am Freitag, den 13.02.2009, 08:04 -0700 schrieb David Mohr:

> The question is, do they? I know someone on this list who has tried
> for months, and I myself have made one (weak) attempt with no success.

I guess you are talking about me, cause I have been trying to reach Acer
since September and have been in contact with their European product
manager without success. First I got a mail that said he would help me
and I should stay tuned, then I got a reply that only mentioned the
already well known ftp site. So obviously this person does not have a
clue what I was talking about. I explained again that there were
binaries inside the srpm and that Thunar was missing all together, but
since then, I did not receive any response to my last 3 mails.

This is why I'm now going to hand things over to fedora-legal
(Acer/Linpus are also violating Fedora's intellectual property) and to
gpl-violations.org. gpl-violations.org will take care for the Xfce part,
fedora-legal will verify the violations of Fedora stuff and inform Red
Hat Legal dept. if necessary.

Regards,
Christoph