xfdesktop2 or xfdesktop-acer source

Grant Williamson traxtopel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:19:20 CET 2009

I did some messing today, its more that just xfdesktop, they also patch
gtk2.
What is interesting some of the patches are in the gtk2 srpm but not all
of them.

I managed to get it to run on fedora 10(somewhat), doing the following.

copy the libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 from their install to /opt/gtk
rebuild the xfdesktop-acer to an installable rpm.
yum groupinstall XFCE

Login to XFCE

To start run
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gtk
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/bin/xfdesktop2

So we need the additional patches for gtk2 and xfdesktop.