menu building

Joost Kremers joostkremers at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 18 15:30:59 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 02:01:16PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> Yes, I realised that, I was just being obtuse really.  I do hate XML
> if one has to hand edit it (as I do HTML).  There are *far* better
> 'languages' (if you want to call them that) for writing things like
> this with.

xml is an abomination, a good idea implemented in a horrible way... (and for no
good reason, better implementations of the idea have existed since the 60s...)

> It's one of the reasons that I'm gravitating towards going back to
> fvwm2, the configuration is written in a sensible format.

or do some hacking and write a tool to convert $sensible_format into xml. (i've
thought about writing a lisp->xml converter... shouldn't be too difficult.
mostly pointless, but not too difficult. ;-)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments