ANN: gigolo version 0.3.0 released

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Wed Apr 1 19:05:10 CEST 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 01:06:45 +0200, Christian wrote:

>Am Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:48:17 +0000 (UTC)
>schrieb enrico.troeger at uvena.de:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> here we go with a new Gigolo release.
>>
>> Changes:
>> * Add a 'Browse Network' side panel to browse for available
>>   Samba/Windows network shares.
>> * Detect an already running instance and show its window instead of
>>   starting a new instance.
>> * Add command line option "--new-instance" ("-i") to restore the old
>>   behaviour.
>> * Use the GtkMountOperation dialog when additional authentication
>>   information are needed. This implicitly allows choosing the method
>>   to store passwords (never, session, forever).
>> * Minimise to tray when the close button is clicked instead of when
>>   minimising the main window.
>> * Add a new preference to set whether to show error message dialogs
>>   when auto-connecting bookmarks.
>> * Various fixes and improvements to URI handling.
>> * Add a View menu to quickly change GUI preferences.
>> * Add Online Help and Supported Protocols help menu items.
>>

>> Have fun,
>> Enrico
>
>Hey,
>
>as you already know, I like the network share browser. :)
>
>A few comments in case you run out of bugs:
>
>Mounts with long labels, such as for example "sftp for
>christian on lanedo.com" lead to quite a bit of padding. Maybe you
>could enable wrap-width on the cell renderer?

Hmm, what exactly do you mean by padding? Symbol or Detailed view?
I just have no idea what could be wrong, sorry.

>As a small note, I find it a little confusing that Show Panel and View
>Icons options are in the preferences and the View menu under different
>names. You might want to either adjust the naming or remove the two
>options from the pref dialogue. But that's a minor issue really.

Yup, at least for the Show Panel preference, this is only intermittent
as I plan to append a "Bookmarks" page to the panel, so it becomes just
a side panel, not a 'Browse Network' panel. But well, the code still
wants to be written :).

What's wrong with the Symbols/Detailed options? They are both labelled
as Symbols vs. Detailed in both, the preferences dialog and the View
menu.
Maybe I should change the combobox in the preferences dialog into two
radio buttons like in the View menu?

>If you happen to be bored, it would be nice if Giggolo used my default
>toolbar icon style and "Connect" was "important".

"Connect" is now important as well as "EditBookmarks".
Should anything else be important? I was never sure when to set items
to be important, for me all are *not* but that's just me because I
*know* what the buttons do :).

Regarding the toolbar icon style, when starting without a config,
Gigolo should pick up the GTK default style, it seems to do here.

You could try deleting "toolbar_style" from ~/.config/gigolo/config and
then start it. It should use the default value as found in the GTK
setting "gtk-toolbar-style".

Regards,
Enrico