ANN: gigolo version 0.3.0 released

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Wed Apr 1 01:06:45 CEST 2009

Am Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:48:17 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb enrico.troeger at uvena.de:

> Hi folks,
>
> here we go with a new Gigolo release.
>
> Changes:
> * Add a 'Browse Network' side panel to browse for available
>   Samba/Windows network shares.
> * Detect an already running instance and show its window instead of
>   starting a new instance.
> * Add command line option "--new-instance" ("-i") to restore the old
>   behaviour.
> * Use the GtkMountOperation dialog when additional authentication
>   information are needed. This implicitly allows choosing the method
>   to store passwords (never, session, forever).
> * Minimise to tray when the close button is clicked instead of when
>   minimising the main window.
> * Add a new preference to set whether to show error message dialogs
>   when auto-connecting bookmarks.
> * Various fixes and improvements to URI handling.
> * Add a View menu to quickly change GUI preferences.
> * Add Online Help and Supported Protocols help menu items.
>

> Have fun,
> Enrico

Hey,

as you already know, I like the network share browser. :)

A few comments in case you run out of bugs:

Mounts with long labels, such as for example "sftp for
christian on lanedo.com" lead to quite a bit of padding. Maybe you
could enable wrap-width on the cell renderer?

As a small note, I find it a little confusing that Show Panel and View
Icons options are in the preferences and the View menu under different
names. You might want to either adjust the naming or remove the two
options from the pref dialogue. But that's a minor issue really.

If you happen to be bored, it would be nice if Giggolo used my default
toolbar icon style and "Connect" was "important".

Yours,
    Christian