Taking another peek...

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 22:13:19 CEST 2008

Le Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:21:28 +0100,
"Steven Maddox (Cyorxamp)" <s.maddox at cyorxamp.info> a écrit :

> Σταύρος Γιαννούρης wrote:
> > Quoting "Steven Maddox (Cyorxamp)" <s.maddox at cyorxamp.info>:
> >

> >> The two things I remember bugging me were...
> >>
> >> - There was no 'Drawer' equivalent...  as in put launchers in the
> >> sliding drawer, and that on the panel (like Gnome).
> >>

> > Actually, there is: All launchers can have a drop-down menu with
> > more launchers in there.I remember having this feature in 4.2 (and
> > it is present up to today of course!)
> >

> Cool thanks for pointing this out... just tested it on a copy of XFCE
> 4.4RC2 on one of my servers and it works great.
>
> Although I think I remember this before and thinking that pressing
> the little arrow thing was too small and you'd have to make a fake
> launcher as the 'top one' to display an icon representing the
> category of the drawer - which when clicked wouldn't do anything :S
>
> It's not very drawer like!

Another thing to point about the launchers is the possibility to
drag-n-drop desktop files over the properties dialog.  (Right click the
plugin and select Properties).

So you can open thunar inside /usr/share/applications and move
applications to the properties dialog.  That works also with the
xfce4-appfinder program.

My 2 cents
Mike