default desktop layout To: xfce at xfce.org

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 20:10:30 CEST 2008

> all else fails, it should do no harm. Consider the people who like the
> default layout, but can't figure out how to change it - they'll never
> write in.

telling me that CDE users and geeks can't find a way to change the
default layout should be considered an insult to them (smile)

but me telling you that Windows converts can't change the default
layout is usual for many of such people.

> These ppl use xubuntu and xubuntu has taken care of a layout that they
> think is better suited for new users or the ones that don't know where
> to change the layout... (no pun intended)
I have no problem in xubuntu's layout, I'll be happy if xfce default
layout is not the one I made
because I don't claim to be Mr. right guy

anyway, I'm asking for any default layout for the rest of us or the
non-geeks or for humans (call them whatever you want)

geeks knows there way.

> really think that the default layout of Xfce doesn't really matter,
> all it should do is reflect the choice of the developers... Users can
> and will be taken care of by the distro's...
that's true but not with Fedora, they have up-streaming policy
I asked the maintainer in Fedora to have any user-friendly layout and
he pointed me here

anyway please if you do not like to change the layout please at least
supply a first login layout chooser