default desktop layout To: xfce at xfce.org

samuel samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 08:42:16 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:28 AM, Erik Harrison <erikharrison at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Muayyad AlSadi <alsadi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Noticed?  How?  Have you done a survey of new Xfce users?
>>
>> from the people in this ML who have just said so
>>
>>> "Degrades"?  Let's not get overly dramatic now.
>>> Initially when I've switched to XFCE several years ago the main
>>> reason for me was namely this - CDE look and functionality.
>>
>> are you suggesting the XFCE default layout should be kept as is to fit
>> the needs of CDE converts and sun geeks who already now how to play
>> with panels
>>
>> but I'm here to defend people who asks questions like "where can I
>> change the desktop"
>> the default layout should target those poeple

These ppl use xubuntu and xubuntu has taken care of a layout that they
think is better suited for new users or the ones that don't know where
to change the layout... (no pun intended)
I really think that the default layout of Xfce doesn't really matter,
all it should do is reflect the choice of the developers... Users can
and will be taken care of by the distro's...