default desktop layout To: xfce at xfce.org

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Oct 14 00:55:16 CEST 2008

On 2008-10-13, Muayyad AlSadi <alsadi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> even _I_ have never used CDE and don't know what it looks like.
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/DECwindows-openvms-v7.3-1.png

DECWindows was CDE?  I did briefly use DECWindows on VMS back
in the late 80's, but I don't really remember it looking like
that.

> do you think this is a desktop that a regular user would like
> his favourite desktop to resemble

It looks a bit Motif-esq.  While I didn't use CDE, I did use a
fair number of Motif apps.  I always thought Motif was rather
ugly and clunky.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Didn't I buy a 1951
                                  at               Packard from you last March