default desktop layout To: xfce at xfce.org

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 22:19:25 CEST 2008

> We already have a problem explaining to people XFCE is NOT a stripped Gnome.
but gnome too has too panels, so this won't help
> But the default should imho resemble CDE.
why? to die like CDE!

what you are saying "we don't have any reasons for this layout except
making people think that we are a free stripped CDE and we are not
gnome" this argument degrades the value of Xfce

as you might noticed many XFCE users change that layout just after first login

so what is the point annoying all XFCE users for no reason except
resembling a dead (and to non-geeks unknown)  desktop environment