Strange Thunar behavior

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 02:47:38 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Ryan Daly <daly at ctcnet.net> wrote:
> All:
>
> I'm seeing strange behavior with Thunar on occasion.  It seems that when
> I navigate my way into a directory that contains a PDF file, Acroread
> will automatically try to start.  It always bails saying:
>
> There was an error opening this document.  This file cannot be found.
>
> It seems to start one instance of Acroread with each PDF that is in the
> directory that I just navigated to.  Has anyone else noticed this
> strange behavior?  Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

The thumbnailer? Not sure why Acroread can't find the file. I believe
the PDF thumbnailer from the goodies project users image magick, so if
it is the thumbnailer it would have to be one installed by your
distribution, or available from a concurrent gnome install

> Thanks in advance.

Erik
"It's true, Alice Cooper is a hippie, but he's the bad kind of hippie.
He's the kind of hippie that breaks into people's offices, beats them
up, and shoots them in the head. Why? To steal their antique chairs."