session saving and autostart app

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Mon Jun 2 17:04:39 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:58 AM, Grant McWilliams
<grantmasterflash at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Yes, that is ok. But I think there should be a feature for Xfce4 session
>> >  saver: don't save autostart app's session.
>> >

>> Hmm. Not sure that's actually possible. Might be.
>>
> You could possibly make a script that deletes the entry in .cache for that
> particular application and then set it up to autostart before the google
> application.  I guess you can set autostart order. If not you could put it
> in one of your X startup scripts.
>
> I've had to much with the session settings in .cache because Pidgin likes to
> start multiple copies if the cache isn't wiped out. I turned off "Save
> session" and "Prompt on Logout" and deleted all files in .cache in order to
> get Pidgin to stop starting multiple copies. It seems that the session
> system in XFCE could be rethought. I just turn it off anymore.

I'm using pidgin with xfce, and see none of these problems. My session
gets always saved, and that's the way I have pidgin started. I have
never seen multiple copies of pidgin get started that way. Maybe there
is another reason why you ended up with multiple entries for pidgin in
your session?

~David