session saving and autostart app

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 12:58:05 CEST 2008

> > Yes, that is ok. But I think there should be a feature for Xfce4 session
> >  saver: don't save autostart app's session.
> >

> Hmm. Not sure that's actually possible. Might be.
>
> You could possibly make a script that deletes the entry in .cache for that
particular application and then set it up to autostart before the google
application.  I guess you can set autostart order. If not you could put it
in one of your X startup scripts.

I've had to much with the session settings in .cache because Pidgin likes to
start multiple copies if the cache isn't wiped out. I turned off "Save
session" and "Prompt on Logout" and deleted all files in .cache in order to
get Pidgin to stop starting multiple copies. It seems that the session
system in XFCE could be rethought. I just turn it off anymore.