Where are the goals of XFCE.

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:52:28 CEST 2008

> I'm not going to argue what is reasonable, but if you think an 8 year old
> computer is reasonable now, do you think it still is reasonable to support
> it in five years? Or in other words: if you thought a then eight-year-old
> computer was a reasonable target five years ago, do you think a
> thirteen-year-old computer is a reasonable target today?

I obviously cannot speak for other parts of the world. But we are using
computers from 13 years ago here and from what I can gather it will
be another 5 years (if not more) before they will be "discarded", and
on these boxes running Windows (even NT5) is actually quicker than
running XFCE (an almost-5-year-old XFCE, not the current one).

I don't know if this means anything. Perhaps people from other parts
of the world can fill me in.
--
cheers,
-ambrose

The 'net used to be run by smart people; now many sites are run by
idiots. So SAD... (Sites that do spam filtering on mails sent to the
abuse contact need to be cut off the net...)