Where are the goals of XFCE.

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:59:49 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Ambrose Li <ambrose.li at gmail.com> wrote:

> I obviously cannot speak for other parts of the world. But we are using
> computers from 13 years ago here and from what I can gather it will
> be another 5 years (if not more) before they will be "discarded", and
> on these boxes running Windows (even NT5) is actually quicker than
> running XFCE (an almost-5-year-old XFCE, not the current one).

How would running something like PuppyLinux compare to running NT4 on a
system like that? When you say 13 year old PC's what does that mean in terms
of processor and memory.

I recently listened to a podcast where a guy took a pc that was about 10
years old (P3) and he said Puppylinux really worked well on it. But 13 years
old (plus another 5 years).. I'm not so sure. I'd be interested to know
though.