Seamonkey start problems from menu
john at jcoppens.com
Fri Jan 25 23:55:06 CET 2008
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:37:54 -0800
"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Or, I guess in this case, you could kill xfdesktop, and start it from a
> terminal window. Apps started from the desktop right-click menu should
> then get that terminal as stdout/stderr. If you're using the menu
> plugin in the panel, you'd kill xfce4-panel and start that from a
> terminal instead.
Ok. That was a very educational experiment... And the results too:
1) Killed xfdesktop (tested that right-click menu stopped working)
2) Started xfdesktop from a terminal window. Menu reappeared.
3) Tried to start seamonkey from the menu - it _worked_! No errors,
no messages in the terminal window at all.
4) Logged out and restarted XFCE completely.
5) Seamonkey from the menu doesn't work anymore.
More information about the Xfce