libxfce4gui from svn fails to compile

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 7 05:01:19 CET 2008

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 12:19:29 +0100 Nick Schermer wrote:

> 2008/1/6, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
> > Yeah, I think that's related.  Not sure why that doesn't work, but
> > I've disabled the G_GNUC_INTERNAL stuff for now.  Eventually we
> > should really just set up the visibility stuff properly, tho I
> > guess it's not critical for libxfcegui4 since we're deprecating it.
>
> I don't really see why that would break, same code is used in thunar,
> exo and panel...

Yes, I checked this yesterday, and that's correct.  I'm not sure, but I
think it's maybe because those libs have other stuff going on when
visibility is enabled -- all that 'aliasdef' magic that Benny put in
probably has something to do with it, but I have no idea.  At any rate,
empirically, when I disable the G_GNUC_INTERNAL stuff, libgui builds
just fine on amd64; put it back in, and it fails.  If someone wants to
take the time to fix it properly, feel free, but it seems like a bit
too much effort for a library we're trying to deprecate.

	-brian