using Terminal in fvwm2!

MK halfcountplus at intergate.com
Mon Dec 22 01:00:19 CET 2008

Sorry I'm not a legit Xfce user (but if fvwm2 didn't exist, I would
probably give in)...Anyway, I love the xfce Terminal.  It works fine
under fvwm2, but in order for the icon set to load, I need to run the
gnome-settings-demon, which I ripped out of an rpm and then ldd'd it
and stuck in libraries until it would work.

This was actually an accidental discovery, as I was using the
settings-daemon to play a similar trick with gnome apps.  But now I'm
setting up a new system and don't have any need to run the
gnome-settings-daemon except for this thing with the Terminal icons.
So I compiled xfce-mcs and xfce-utils (to access xfce-setting-show),
and the mcs daemon does run but it still doesn't process a .gtkrc or
access the Rodent icon set.

Can I get out of this without going back to installing the
gnome-settings-daemon?  I'm a fledgling at C/gtk+ programming, but
comfortable enough that I'd be willing to do a (GPL approvable) hack on
Terminal so that it could just accept an include in .gtkrc, but not
unless someone else is willing to give me a clue about where to start
with that task.  Maybe.

thanks -mk