Distribution Upgrade Halts Cursor in X

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Dec 1 16:59:49 CET 2008

   Just upgraded my notebook from Slackware-12.0 to -12.1 and Xfce-4.4.2.
However, when I start X, the cursor sits in the middle of the screen and
will not move.

   This has not occurred with prior versions of Slackware or Xfce. I'd
appreciate some suggestions on how to identify and isolate the cause so I
can fix it today. (I'm leaving tomorrow on a business trip and need to take
that computer with me.)

TIA,

Rich