xfce4-mailwatch not connecting under transparent proxy

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 00:38:07 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>  If you truly have an intercepting proxy, the proxy settings are
>  irrelevant and not used: the Wikipedia section you point to
>  specifically states that no client configuration is required.

I got it wrong, again. My best guess is that the proper term is
"Content Filtering Web Proxy" [1]. I need to specify a proxy server
and a port to all the applications that connect to the Internet, and
the proxy server whitelists certain protocols and blacklists certain
sites.

>  You might double-check the settings in mailwatch for that server.

I suspect there's no problem here: I connect to a "Remote Gmail
MailBox", on three different accounts, one added today in order to
double check. All three worked flawlessly before. Trying via "Remote
IMAP" and following Gmail's Help, I get the error message: "[Mailbox]
gnutls_record_send() [-53]: Error in push function." All this with
mailwatch 1.0.1 and 1.0.0. I suppose I have no luck.

Is there a pre-1* version that I could try downgrading to?

Thank you for trying to help,
Liviu

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparent_proxy#Content_Filtering_Web_Proxy