Corrupted xfce for user

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 17:07:28 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Andrew Robinson
<andrew.rw.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> After applying an update to Xserves and restarting X, my xfce session
>  was corrupted. The panel would not open and all the standard icons
>  will not display. I deleted my sessions folder and that has fixed the
>  panel not starting, but none of the standard icons load. Looking at
>  the xorg log, it says that it can not find graphics files and says
>  that perhaps hicolor is not installed. Running as root, everything is
>  okay.
>
>  I have deleted my .local, .cache and .confit with no luck. Where else
>  could the corrupted files be to cause icon issues? Note that launchers
>  that I created with custom icons are fine, it is only the xfce
>  standard icons that are not being loaded

Have you considered that it might not be your Xfce setup, but a
permissions issue? You did run an update, and root does work, after
all.

You could try killing the panel, and restarting it from a terminal,
and seeing if there is anything interesting in the output. If you're
more ambitious you could try an strace.

>  Thanks,
>  Andrew

Erik
"Look at me still talking when there is Science to do"