Corrupted xfce for user

Andrew Robinson andrew.rw.robinson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 16:59:31 CEST 2008

After applying an update to Xserves and restarting X, my xfce session
was corrupted. The panel would not open and all the standard icons
will not display. I deleted my sessions folder and that has fixed the
panel not starting, but none of the standard icons load. Looking at
the xorg log, it says that it can not find graphics files and says
that perhaps hicolor is not installed. Running as root, everything is
okay.

I have deleted my .local, .cache and .confit with no luck. Where else
could the corrupted files be to cause icon issues? Note that launchers
that I created with custom icons are fine, it is only the xfce
standard icons that are not being loaded

Thanks,
Andrew