No Adobe Reader icon on XFCE menus

Martin Kraus lists_mk at wujiman.net
Sun Sep 30 21:43:26 CEST 2007

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 07:16:52PM +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 9/30/07, Stefan Schwarzburg <stefan.schwarzburg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I guess you mean that there is no entry at  XFCE -> Office -> Adobe Reader
> > at all? Not just the icon? Because that's how it is on my desktop.
>
> Thanks, Stefan. I mean that there is no icon for the Adobe Reader menu
> entry; the menu entry exists.

find the menu entry for adobe. it will be somewhere in
{/usr/share,~/.local/share}/applications. it will be a .desktop file. look
inside a and find an Icon= record. there is a name of the icon that should be
used. you have to verify that this icon exists. it should be somewhere under
{/usr/share,~/.local/share}/icons or possibly ~/.icons.
it might even be an absolute path (beginning with /) and then you have to verify
that it points to an existing file.

mk