Tuning 4.4.1 Display

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 8 20:56:01 CEST 2007

   I suspect that I don't have a driver issue as much as a file format issue.
I've looked on the documentation section of the web site, but did not see
answers to my questions.

   1.) I've changed the window manager and user interface settings; they're
fine now. But, when I try to change the black desktop (using the desktop
manager), that's when the display goes bonkers. I'm picking any of the .png
files (including the default, installed xfce-* ones) and getting the same
results. I'll try re-installing that package from the Slackware set and see
if it makes a difference.

   2.) There have apparently been major panel changes between 4.2.x and 4.4.x,
and no docs I found on the web site to explain how to get the appearance of
the former (i.e., one panel along the bottom with virtual desktops and
application launch buttons) when using the latter. How can I combine the two
panels into a single one?

   3.) How do I put a lock screen icon on the panel so it locks the screen
and blanks it with xscreensaver?

   If I've missed the docs on these two issues, please point me to them. Or,
provide me with the answers.

Rich

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)