How to customize panel items via ssh

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 06:53:55 CEST 2007

On 10/5/07, Kamchybek Jusupov <kjusupov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well,
>
> What I've done is:
>
> 1. Add new user
> 2. Login as this user and configure the xfce-panel to include all
> desired items (claws-mail, firefox, thunar, office, gftp, lock/quit).
> 3. As and when we add new users, copy over the .config/* from the
> above user.
> 4. Login, but the panel items are still the default ones ONLY.
>

> Rgds,
>
> Kamchybek Jusupov
> kjusupov at gmail.com
>
> That's because you don't have anything in
/home/<user>/.config/xfce4/panel. Go into this directory and look around.
There should be a file for each thing on your panel..

launcher-11895280701.rc  netload-11895268663.rc
pager-11895267440.rc
> separator-3.rc  xfce4-menu-1.rc
> launcher-2.rc            notes.rc                   panels.xml
> systray-4.rc
> launcher-3.rc            orageclock-11895283072.rc
> screenshooter-11903917940.rc  tasklist-2.rc

You can guess what I have on my panel. You might want to check out yours and
see what's up. The panels.xml describes the location on the panel so make
sure it matches the panel rc files listed above.

Grant