Xfce users in Zero Install survey

Thomas Leonard talex5 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 00:32:42 CEST 2007

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 10:25:54 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> Thomas Leonard wrote:
>
>> Xfce users seem to be rather under-represented in the Zero Install
>> survey (at 1.56% currently!). If you use Zero Install with Xfce (i.e.
>> the ability to drag a program from a web-page into the panel's launcher
>> configuration dialog to add it) [...]
>
> Is there anything we can do to add better/easier support for ZeroInstall
> to Xfce in general?  I'd actually forgotten that the panel supported
> this, but I think it could be pretty useful, especially for a somewhat
> 'bare bones' desktop like ours.

The main missing bit is a way to get from an application's launcher to
the versions dialog (e.g. if you want to check for updates manually, or
roll-back to a previous version). In ROX, you can right-click on a
launcher and choose 'Versions...' from the menu. It would be nice to have
something similar in Xfce.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard		http://rox.sourceforge.net