Xfce users in Zero Install survey

Stefan Stuhr xfceuserslist at sstuhr.dk
Thu Oct 4 20:48:36 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 20:27 +0200, Nick Schermer wrote:
> ZeroInstall has been removed in trunk, because it's not a standard.
> Secondly I think the launcher it not a good place to 'install'
> applications and not expected too, so it has been dropped.

But it didn't add any UI or anything. It just worked, *if* people had
ZeroInstall installed.

Beside, it's kind of the point of ZeroInstall that one doesn't have to
install applications; ZeroInstall attempts to allow people to run
applications directly from the internet (by running from a cache). As
such, this feature didn't allow people to install applications; it
allowed them to make applications available (and "launchable") in the
launcher.

> Nick

Stefan