thunar support for sftp and samba

mmassonnet at gmail.com mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:10:17 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 07:06:16PM +0100, mike wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 09:12:22AM +0100, Nigi Fabio wrote:
> > ok but it's not the top way ;-)
> >
> > i speak about the protocol support:
> > like in nautilus where i write in the address bar
> >
> > sftp:// or samba:// if i mount it also midnight commander support
> > every network file system ;-)
>
> Did you actually try fusesmb?
>
> 1. mkdir ~/samba
> 2. fusesmb ~/samba
> 3. fusesmb.cache ~/samba
> 4. Thunar ~/samba
> 5. Browse the networks/PCs/shares

For sshfs it's a bit weird to be able to browse.  I added some custom
actions in thunar to be able to in a way, check
http://mmassonnet.blogspot.com/2007/10/easy-remote-access-with-thunar.html

Basically I have a custom action named "Mount" with patterns on
hostnames to let it appear only on special names, and the directory
~/sshfs with a lot of sub-directories named after the hosts.  So I can
right click for instance user at foobar.station.uni.de and click Mount.