key binding (alt-5 does not work)

Emanuel Haupt ehaupt at critical.ch
Tue May 29 23:43:47 CEST 2007

[...]

> > Are you sure you don't mean Alt-F5 (which is default for 'Maximize
> > window'. I tried to assign a key to another action that has already
> > been assigned and I get a warning. I didn't get a warning for Alt-5 so
> > I wonder why it's not working.
>
> I'm sorry, I misread your original message.
>
> Alt + Number is often bound by applications - do you have firefox,
> gaim, or terminal open and focused? It Alt + 1 switches to the first
> tab, Alt + 2 the second, and so on and so forth in all these apps.

I just tried it again:

 o closed all apps so there is an empty workspace
 o started "Window Manager" -> Keyboard Tab -> chose my own layout
 o doubleclick on 'Workspace 5'
 o press 'Alt-5'

 (Alt-5 got properly assigned, as I see it in the list [1])

 o hit 'Close' button

I am just wondering, can you assing anything to 'Alt-5'? If yes I'll
file a proper bug report.

Emanuel

[1] http://critical.ch/people/xfce-list/20070529234115.png

--
GnuPG key id: 0x90215DB9         Download: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371
Key fingerprint: 741B C70F 100B F360 0B52  E92D 5F01 7A86 9021 5DB9