key binding (alt-5 does not work)

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue May 29 22:10:00 CEST 2007

On 5/29/07, Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt at critical.ch> wrote:
> > > I tried to assign the following bindings for switching the workspaces:
> > >
> > > --- ~/.themes/ehaupt/xfwm4/keythemerc begins here ---
> > > [...default until here]
> > > workspace_10_key=Alt+0
> > > workspace_11_key=Control+F11
> > > workspace_12_key=Control+F12
> > > workspace_1_key=Alt+1
> > > workspace_2_key=Alt+2
> > > workspace_3_key=Alt+3
> > > workspace_4_key=Alt+4
> > > workspace_5_key=Alt+5
> > > workspace_6_key=Alt+6
> > > workspace_7_key=Alt+7
> > > workspace_8_key=Alt+8
> > > workspace_9_key=Alt+9
> > > --- ~/.themes/ehaupt/xfwm4/keythemerc ends here ---
> > >
> > > Since I've got only 10 workspaces I leave workspace_11_key and
> > > workspace_12_key unchanged.
> > >
> > > Everything works fine except for 'Alt-5'. If Alt-5 is pressed, nothing
> > > happens. If I assing another binding it will switch as to workspace 5 as
> > > expected. My assumption is that Alt-5 is already used for something I
> > > couldn't figure out. However 'Alt-5' is not defined in
> > > ~/.themes/ehaupt/xfwm4/keythemerc for anything else.
> > >
> > > What is 'Alt-5' used/reserved for?
> >
> > Maximize window
>
> Are you sure you don't mean Alt-F5 (which is default for 'Maximize
> window'. I tried to assign a key to another action that has already
> been assigned and I get a warning. I didn't get a warning for Alt-5 so
> I wonder why it's not working.

I'm sorry, I misread your original message.

Alt + Number is often bound by applications - do you have firefox,
gaim, or terminal open and focused? It Alt + 1 switches to the first
tab, Alt + 2 the second, and so on and so forth in all these apps.

> Emanuel
>
> --
> GnuPG key id: 0x90215DB9         Download: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371
> Key fingerprint: 741B C70F 100B F360 0B52  E92D 5F01 7A86 9021 5DB9

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room